February 19, 2010

Thank You : Episode 1 [you, you & you]

When I was left untold, you go for my right.

When I was too innocent, you taught me not to be one.

When I lost hope, you told me not to die just yet.

You and me were never get closed before even though I aware of your existence. We even barely talked to each other. It is awkward to think how close we are now. A person I developed trust upon after a single text. Never have I known you will throw me words of wisdom as if we have been friends for ages. Whispering words that keep me looking forward for tomorrow.

You made me see things from every possible angle. You proved to me that a non-judging person is real. You taught me to be wise. Oh, how I adore the way you think. You always try to make time for me despite packed classes and tons of work. You stayed up till morning, listening to my mourning with that long-sleeved still on. You accompanied me when I don’t know how to cope with the loss. You lend me your ears, you lend me your hand, and you lend me your shoulder. When I don’t know what should I do and where do I go, you are always there, shooing away my sorrow. THANK YOU.


When I was depressed, you offered me a ride.

When I was lonely, you took me for an outing.

You and me are classmates. We never get the chance to spend time together for both of us were busy with our own personal businesses. As time passed by, we found something in common so we hung out quite a lot. You did fun things to cheer me up when I was really down. You gave me a very joyful night ride. You showed me what fun is. You took care of me like I am your sister. You are always there for me despite our differences.

Now, it has been almost 1 year and there you are, still taking care of me when life is hard on me. THANK YOU.


When I reached you on the phone, you were always there.

When I cried, you calmed me down.

You never really knew me and I only know tiny piece about you. We smile in each encounter but we barely talk to each other. Perhaps we talk whenever necessary. I always adore you – the way you smile and the way you speak but I don’t understand why we never really be friends. But I know I can trust you. You acted like a big sister. Checking on me whenever you’re free and calming me down whenever you heard me crying. You texted me valuable advice and you told me that everything is going to be fine. You wanted to share the burden I carry. You hugged me when I cry.

How lucky I am for you are still there. Leaving me a place to curl up whenever I need one. THANK YOU.


yours truly,
nfhms.

1 comment:

Valossa Vicious said...

The poem "Undefined" I wrote on February 5th was actually a reply to this.
So now you know.
Anyway, you're most welcome. :)
Keep it rolling.